Wednesday, September 9, 2009

appraise

tr.v., -praised, -prais·ing, -prais·es.

To evaluate, especially in an official capacity.
To estimate the quality, amount, size, and other features of; judge. See synonyms at estimate.


Ryan and I made a 5-year-plan. We made it on Sunday and it's kept us in very good moods all week so far. I cannot divulge some of the details of it, as that might jinx them, but I can tell you that it's kind of like this:
2009- almost over so whatever
2010- finish up in Korea, go on awesome trip in the spring, return to NY in the summer, go to school in the fall (Ryan or both of us)
2011 - is a little depressing since it's basically just the fall of 2010, times 2.
2012 - Ryan will graduate and big stuff is happening
2013/2014 - are as of yet, combined, as they are just too far into the future for our brains to fathom. I will be 30 and Ryan will be 32, OMG!

Anyway, I think 5 year plans are good, but I have to be careful. I have 5.5 months of Korea left and I'm a little worried I'm just going to wish them away. Maybe an island-hopping weekend will help me get back in the present, and when I'm finished with the GRE and thinking about graduate applications... Is this healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment