Wednesday, August 19, 2009

anticipate

anticipate
v., -pat·ed, -pat·ing, -pates.
v.tr.

To look forward to, especially with pleasure; expect: anticipated a pleasant hike in the country.
To deal with beforehand; act so as to mitigate, nullify, or prevent: anticipated the storm by boarding up the windows. See synonyms at expect.
To cause to happen in advance; accelerate.
To use in advance, as income not yet available.

I'm all about the future right now. I can't stop thinking about what's up next and making mental to-do lists for things that I won't need to consider for 5-6 months. This morning in the shower I planned for a "yard sale" that Ryan and Kim and I could co-host to get rid of all the "stuff" in our apartments. It would be a great way to clear out, help out friends and get some extra last-minute spending money for our jaunt around SEA. We could advertise it on facebook and make cute little price tags and serve tea...

See what I mean? I'm way ahead of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment