Sunday, July 12, 2009

i'm worried about my creativity

Here is the thing. I was an English writing major for Pete's sake. I'm worried that I have spent the majority of the last 18 months talking to Korean Kindergarteners and casual friends. This can't possibly be having a good effect on my grammar, vocabulary or reading level. I've got to get on this.
I am registered to take the GRE in 2 months and Part One is ANALYTICAL WRITING. My initial reaction was to scoff in the face of the writing portion but given a bit more thought, I'm concerned. I don't think I'm as smart as I used to be. True I still read, but mostly silly chick lit (like my current pick: Chasing Harry Winston, not exactly great literary works) but I never write anything but sentences like "I like lollipops" or "We eat nuts" for kindergarten purposes.

So, I'm going to try to get back some of my old literary wit and try to see if I remember how to write.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Em. Can definitely relate to the slipping of English ability both in writing and speaking.

    ReplyDelete